Diablo II LOD - BNET - FANS

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Ci2e, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

This question goes out to all the millions who have played the game on BNET since it came out long ago.

I would like to know if you are allowed to use the hacks on OPEN BNET without getting your cd key banned. I know your not allowed to do so on BNET but I'm wondering about OPEN BNET.

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I think so.
    Even if you can't you could always "beef" up your character offline then go play on open battlenet.

3. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

We're already playing with an addon called Plugy - and then I have maphack that I sometimes use, I msg'd Blizzard about this and I got a typical answer and it looked like the guy was talking about BNET in general not OPEN BNET. So I guess if I can build a character with plugy up to lvl 50 and I'm still not banned I guess its safe.

4. Electronic Punk

I decided to stop playing Diablo2 and let my character disappear.
    Level 85, grandfathers... ah well :D

5. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

I didn't know about this but OPEN BNET characters are stored on your hard drive so my character will never be deleted unless I choose to.

6. Electronic Punk

Yup, the idea was pretty cool, but there were hacks from the start...

If you were stuck in the single player game you could just go online and get some help.
    Now its more a case of getting all your items stolen - if people cared - they can just spawn their own.