DI-704P Firewall

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Luna64, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Luna64

Luna64 Guest

Well I am going to take a big guess here and say that the hardware Firewall in my router is messing up my internet connection.

I made a post like this before, but lets see if this one will find some more answers.

First, I used to use a Linksys and everything was fine. Then one day I decided to upgrade the firmware, seeing how I love firmware updates :). Well that destroyed the router. Every 10 seconds it would lose my cable connection and downloads were impossible.

So I hooked up my old DI-704P D-Link and everything was fine again... I thoguht. Well with this new router I am having a hard time getting cookies to be stored on my PC. Some web pages store the cookies, no problem. Others can't do it at all. What I am getting at is that different web pages are unable to store my log in information. Examples are cdrinfo.com, livejournal.com, ezboard.com, and themexp.org . Not to mention that Windows Update no longer is able to scan my PC.

No matter how many times I log in, and I even told IE to accept all cookies, I still cant stay logged in. And seeing how I only changed the router, could it be possible that the firewall in it is messing things up ? I have the latest firmware and I dont know what else to think :huh:

What can I do ? I will go get a new router if needed, but which one would be a better choice ?

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I have a DI-704P too.
    It shouldn't be causing any such problems, but you could try enabling DMZ for your computer in the router configuration if you think it has anything to do with the firewall.

See if that helps. :)

3. Luna64

Luna64 Guest

Would I set it to run on my local IP (192.168.0.133) or the routers IP (192.168.0.1) ?

I turned it on, on my local ip and it did not help.

This is very confusing to me ;)