Device Conflict...Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sithpgh, May 27, 2002.

1. sithpgh

sithpgh Guest

Hi, I recently bought a new computer system with the Asus P4S333C M/B and am using XP (home).

I did a clean install but I have an IRQ sharing device conflit.

This conflict is between Memory Stick Device Driver A and Secure Digital Device Driver B trying to share the same IRQ - #5.

I have no idea what this is or what these devices do, but the drivers came with the m/board.

So far, I have not been able to work this out. I can't seem to find a solution, other than disabling these devices. They don't seem to be causing any problems with my system and when enabled, the "!" icon appears next to them.

Can someone please help. I am just wondering if someone out there has had a similar problem.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Try moving your pci devices to different slots and see if that clears up the problem.

good luck:D
  3. sithpgh

sithpgh Guest

Thanks for the advice.

I only have one PCI slot used and that is the internal modem.

I removed it but still the same problem. I believe the MS/SD drivers are based around a device on the m/board, but the manual indicates that there is simply a connector on the m/board.

My guess is these drivers are used to power the connector and whatever device is attached.