Detonator Deception????

TheBlueRaja

BR to Some
Firstly - Check this out

Detonator Benchmarks

Now - is it just me or does it seem like the 30.82 are the best drivers? The 40 Series IS good but take a look at the 3D Mark Scores compared with the Game benchmarks for say UT2003. Now i dunno about you but i would say that even thought the difference is marginal for UT2003, the 30.82's ARE quicker, and that is common accross the board for most of the games.
However, the 3D mark Scores show that the 40 Series are clearly better.

Now, i dont play 3D Mark, i play games.. So does this mean that Nvidia are sacrificing game performace for better benchmark scores in 3D Mark?

Or im a just some idiot with too much time on his hands ranting about a couple of FPS. :blink:

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Firstly - Check this out

Detonator Benchmarks

Now - is it just me or does it seem like the 30.82 are the best drivers? The 40 Series IS good but take a look at the 3D Mark Scores compared with the Game benchmarks for say UT2003. Now i dunno about you but i would say that even thought the difference is marginal for UT2003, the 30.82's ARE quicker, and that is common accross the board for most of the games.
However, the 3D mark Scores show that the 40 Series are clearly better.

Now, i dont play 3D Mark, i play games.. So does this mean that Nvidia are sacrificing game performace for better benchmark scores in 3D Mark?

Or im a just some idiot with too much time on his hands ranting about a couple of FPS. :blink:

to put it bluntly... Yes intially the det 4x.xx's were generally released to show that the 3dmark performance that so many people put faith in was better and therefore the cards were super good...

however the 4x.xx dets have been out for a while now and they have fixed bugs that the nvidia cards have...

the main area that the dets improved 3dmark was in nature.. but if you compare image quality you will see what was sacrificed in order to achieve the higher scores...

this has been thrown around a lot and debated.. but the views expressed above are all mine ...

IMHO as people would say... :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back