Detonator 40 officially released!!

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Time for another driver update! :)

nVidia has finally released a WHQL certified version of the Detonator 40 drivers (40.72)

Release highlights:
Up to a 25% increase in performance
nView™ 2.0 multi-display technology increases productivity and provides the necessary tools to control the way users access and view applications.
NVRotate™ enabling image rotation on today’s advanced flat panel displays.
NVKeystone™ allows for real-time image correction on portable projectors and heads-up displays.
Digital Vibrance Control™ allows users to adjust color controls to achieve accurate, bright colors under all conditions.
New control panel streamlines user interface and enables faster and easier access to all video settings
Robust Channels enables higher faster performance and better stability for all applications through fail-safe paths in the drivers
CineFX Simulator allows developers to use Cg—“C for graphics”—to write complex shaders in a high level language faster and more easily than before.
NVIDIA’s patented Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) – supports all products in a single driver binary

Get them here:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_40.72

EDIT: Added this to the Hardware news section.

strange that it says that release date is november 11. :confused:

lol. maybe it's a glimpse to the future? but i guess it is just a usual mistake on nvidia :(

Yeah and the files have been there for 2 weeks... :D

Image1.gif

Using 41.03 anyway.. been fine.

Guess they are WHQL certified if you insist on it!!

so which one is better? 41.03 or this 40.72 new thing? i got riva tnt model 64, 16mb vid card. on win xp pro. and using 41.03 drivers right now btw.

I would say neither release would really effect such an old card.

which one would i need to be having the most effect? gforce 4 or something?

well yeah, the drivers are generic but they are most likely to make the most difference to their newest line of cards.

Go to your nvidia control panel and look at the file versions of the files in there...

Thanks for the link Netryder :p

Hope I see a difference in my graphics performance...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back