Desperate, annoyed, angry,... Need help with wireless.

haha ouch I think I can help a little, Vanq.

Oh and off subject, aprox, I have a very similar rig, just with 1 7800gtx, wondering if it is worth it to go SLI or not. Or should I wait?

posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and off subject, aprox, I have a very similar rig, just with 1 7800gtx, wondering if it is worth it to go SLI or not. Or should I wait?

Its up to you, the 7800gtx is a very nice card still by todays standards. If you waited and wanted to go SLI later, you would need to either buy a second 7800GTX or buy two of something newer. I think at this point with new stuff coming out I would just wait. Maybe look into purchasing that new 7950 or whatever its called.

Oi $$$$$$$$$

Just wondering what your feelings on SLI were, seeing as you actually have it (or do you only have 1 card?) because I hear over and over again that SLI does not work on today's games.

Edit: My mobo is SLI already (asus a8n premium)

Crap

It says i lost 4...
But i am on the internet and not "Dead"...

Ok, so when you ping one of the other computers it drops packets. But right now you are surfing the net fine?

Oh and do you find your x-fi and mobo hate eachother? I used to have crackling problems. I think it's gone now with a new driver from Creative, just curious tho.

Yeah, im wondering though, i am going through a wireless router, which is 192.168.2.X
so...
but its weird.
i tried to post a screen shot but it wont work :(

Oi $$$$$$$$$

Just wondering what your feelings on SLI were, seeing as you actually have it (or do you only have 1 card?) because I hear over and over again that SLI does not work on today's games.

Edit: My mobo is SLI already (asus a8n premium)

I only have a single card, but I have quite a few friends with SLI rigs. Its not that SLI doesnt work, its just that a number of games are whats known as "CPU limited" which basically means that the performance bottle neck isnt the GPU power, its the CPU. Since the CPU cant deliver geometry infomation fast enough to the GPU(s) the extra power added with SLI goes unused. So thats why its always a good idea to have a nice high end CPU if you do decide to use SLI.

However, CPU limitation isnt always the case. Most games will get a performance boost with SLI. Not all though, and if you have a shabby CPU you might actually get less performance when using SLI due to the overhead required to use SLI.

So like I said, its your call.

Yeah, im wondering though, i am going through a wireless router, which is 192.168.2.X
so...
but its weird.
i tried to post a screen shot but it wont work :(

are you typing in ping 192.168.2.x ? or are you replacing that x with a real number....

print screen

Gee thanks...

hit print screen then go to MS pain

Start>accessories>paint

then paste it, edit>paste

then save it as a jpeg and upload it to a image hosting site.

www.imageshack.us then post the image.

posts merged - kcnychief

are you typing in ping 192.168.2.x ? or are you replacing that x with a real number....
replacing x with real number.
What i am saying is the routers ip, to access the router is 192.168.2.1
and my desktops is .2, my laptops is .6 so i assume all the other, are .3, .4, and .5
because at my house there are 5 computers...

haha sorry Vanq, and Aprox too, I do have a the amd x2 4200, so that is not the problem, hell if I can get the 7800 gtx cheap and find a way to fit it in with my water cooling I will do it

Oh and Vanq my computer is so dark without the lights on, now I wanna plug em all back in :D

Oh and do you find your x-fi and mobo hate eachother? I used to have crackling problems. I think it's gone now with a new driver from Creative, just curious tho.

No they dont hate eachother. I bought a later model X-Fi after they made some hardware changes and updated the firmware. So they work great together. If you are having problems look into a BIOS update for your mobo or perhaps having creative send you a fixed card. I think they offer that.

replacing x with real number.
What i am saying is the routers ip, to access the router is 192.168.2.1
and my desktops is .2, my laptops is .6 so i assume all the other, are .3, .4, and .5
because at my house there are 5 computers...

Ok, well if you able to stay on the net without losing your connection I say just call it a day and live with it. There are many possibilities as to why you cant ping the other computers. Do you ever do file transfers from PC to PC accross your network?

posts merged

oh sorry vanq print screen is an actual button, look around, it may be on your num pad

Make of it what you can.

Attachments

• pang 1a.bmp
    658.9 KB · Views: 99
Its usually right above Insert or Home, right around that area. Top row.. like the F x keys.

Whichever computer is 6, it is messing it up imo

Maybe it is your bro's comp?

Or your mom's comp on the login screen or something

Ha my specs beat both of yourse :)
I just dont have h20 cooling, the 6800gt is an amazing card :)
I have it sitting on my computer right now, the 7900gt ko superclocked is the one doin the work now :)

My laptop is 6...

posts merged

Ok, a bitmap works to I guess. haha. :)

Well, like I said there are many reasons as to why that could be happening. The client computer could be setup to discard pings to their IP address, amongst some reasons.

If the net is still working, then lets not mess with it. I am sure its nothing major. Your connection is probably fine now then. Just a security feature that is discarding pings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back