Desktop Weather?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by J0sh, May 31, 2002.

1. J0sh

J0sh Guest

Is there anyway to stop Desktop Weather from showing up in Alt-Tab??? Or is there another desktop weather program (not weatherbug :mad: ) that works well?

2. brodie

brodie OSNN Addict

Perth, Australia

I use coolmon to display weather stats via a vbscript that takes info from

i've attached the file i d/loaded to set it up, the file is set for Perth, Australia so you will need the code for your location from
  3. J0sh

J0sh Guest

cool, do you have a screen shot of what it looks like?
  4. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

search for desktop weather on the net its a cool little prog..i have a link to it from my website on my sig in the links section
  5. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

How exactly do you set it up in coolmon?
  6. bheagle

bheagle Guest

I downloaded the VBS script, but have no clue how to make Coolmon use it...can you explain the process a bit?
  7. brodie

brodie OSNN Addict

Perth, Australia
    i've attached a notepad file with details, but basically you insert lines into coolmon to tell it to read the weather file and display selected text.
  8. dino0211

dino0211 Guest

i keep getting this error message....i tried to upload as an attachment but had no luck
  9. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Your code for calling up the script should look something like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe "C:\Program Files\DaisyManSoftware\getweather.vbs"

the best way to do this is to go to Coolmon's website and download the zip file for the weather script and follow it's instructions, you will have to modify the script for your zipcode or country code, AND the correct location on your hard drive where the script actually is (like my example above).

The example above is actually the command in task sched. for running the script.

Hope this helps