Desktop Shortcut Button

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ShapeShifter, Jul 28, 2002.

1. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Guest

This is probably a light-weighter for you guys, but I'll try it anyways.. You know that button on the left of the taskbar, the one that shows you the desktop when you click it? Well I deleted mine. Don't ask me how, but it's gone, and I truly miss the little bugger. Please help me get it back. Thank you.

ยง

2. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

If we're talking about the same thing, then right click on the taskbar and go to Toolbars...then New Toolbar...

Then highlight "Desktop" and hit OK

3. GT2000

GT2000 Guest

I think he means the button that minimizes all windows and takes you back to the desktop.

If so, then I don't remember how to put it back off the top of my head, in the meantime, use Win Key + M, I'll find the answer and come back, 'less someone beats me to it :)

4. GT2000

GT2000 Guest

5. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Guest

Thnx guys!

6. BOBbagels

BOBbagels Guest

You could also create a shortcut on the desktop,then drag it to the taskbar and set the location-D:\Documents and Settings\****\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

The * are where my user name is and make sure drive letter is correct for your OS

7. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

I'm surprised my method isn't all over the internet yet...it's much easier;

create the shortcut with this target;

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf"

include the qoutes...drag the shortcut into the quick launch, then delete the shortcut