Desktop icons please help!

lance79

OSNN Newbie
alright so i recently had an attack of my computer there were just 100's of trojans. finally i got them all off. i downloaded a free antivirus software program called avast from download.com. it told me to do a boot scan or w/e where it turned my computer off and scanned the entire C drive and it actually did very good work and removed all the virus' well... when i turned my computer back on my icons would'nt show up... nothing would. the start menu is gone to... i have been accessing the internet and other things through CTRL+ALT+DELETE and then i went to new task from the task manager and selected my web browser from there...

can someone please help me out. thanks alot.

what i believe happened was when i was getting all the virus's off my computer somehow it deleted a file that i needed to run my icons and start menu etc. i deleted the program to no avail. i also tried many other solutions from other forums none worked.

These steps should get you sorted:

Run a new task "cmd.exe" (without quotes)
Insert your windows XP cd.
in the command prompt type sfc /purge
when that competes type sfc /scannow
when that is done restart.
All being well you should be back to a usable PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back