Desktop HP Pavilion M8000, Frozen at HP Logo, PSU Beeping Sound

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi. My HP Pavilion Desktop wont boot. It is stock at the HP Logo and I can hear a beeping sound from the PSU not from the motherboard. I just replaced the 300W PSU to a new 600W PSU but the beeping sound still remains and still at frozen HP logo at startup.
I already tried cleaning and re-inserting all wires and memory modules but still has the problem.
What else could be wrong?
What does the beep sound from the PSU means?

Thank you.

PSU's don't beep the mainboard beeps. re-seat everything and see what happens. then strip it to bare bones and try again. Failing that contact HP support.

Thanks for the feedback. I found out that my hdisk was the one making the sound. It is dead now, computer can't detect it, used 2 PC to check it. Tried also the freeze action and was not able to make it work. I will try to find a board online to see if i can fix it.

it's not the board - its the read heads :)

Best chance is to send it to a disk lab if you didn't have a backup.

Read Heads? Had you experienced that same problem before?
I am actually planning to get a hdisk with the same model so that i can replace the control board.

if its making a noise like beeping its the read heads in contact with the disc surface - I've had disk failures like that before.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back