desks anyone?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by dubstar, Dec 10, 2003.

1. dubstar

dubstar format c:

just wondering what sort of "L" shaped desks are out there? i want to invest in one, either build by me or bought by me.

im having trouble finding a nice one big one with a few doors and cubbies. i also want it long (maybe not the second story on it long, but the main desk part) so i can possibly have 2 computers on it, or have a nice area to do my essays on, or general letter writing, book reading, ect.

if you dont have any info, please incourage me to make one and take pictures so you can laugh at it. :rolleyes:

2. Erbmaster

Erbmaster Moderator Folding Team

:cool:Go buy a couple of sheets of 18mm MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard), pair those with a saw, screws and some 2"x1" for battening Hey-Presto! Instant Deskage :p

You can cut whatever shape desk you like then, and get a unique feel into the bargain ;)

Done this myself at home in the attic, arrival of our new baby forced a mass PC exodus to the attic.
    Looks kinda cool thouigh, and has all the cubby holes, and shelves I could ever need.
    If I do need more, i'll make some. :)

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

pics! :)

been thinking about doin this, myself.

4. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

My desk is by Sauder. Plenty of space. Very functional and aesthetically pleasing. They make some very nice products. I am sure that you can find a retailer in your area. Their site is: http://www.sauder.com

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I dunno who made my desk.. it was here when I came here...

L shaped desks are kewl for a couple of reasons... primarily coz of their size :D and they can be utilised for many things...

6. xsivforce

Like Quad Monitors. :D

7. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

quad? pffffffft.

I'm sat at a desk my dad made for me right now. A while ago when I needed a computer desk to work at, I invested in a rather expensive pre-built one, which to say the least, was ****, unstable, uncomfortable to use and generally useless. So back to the (at least) 5 year old desk my dad built it was.

Cant beat a good home made desk :D

8. xsivforce

home made desk? pfffffffffft.

9. dubstar

dubstar format c:

any good programs for designing a desk?

i have a house floor plan designing program, but not a desk one,.. as rare as that happens, what would be good, other than pencil and paper?

by the way, saunder's makes some great stuff, i definitly plan on building something like they have (if i dont buy something they have)