Design Patterns

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Complete, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Complete

Complete OSNN Addict

Where is a good source for learning Design Patterns?
    Has anyone heard of what is called "Gang of 4" and "Model via Control"?

2. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

I have heard of design patterns, but not of those two that you have mentioned.

As for a good source? There really is no source that will give you all the models out there, everyone has their own model and their own personal believes regarding such models. It is up to you to weed out which one you prefer.

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I picked up a copy of "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software" by Erich Gamma et. al. at work last week. I haven't had a chance to read much yet, but it looks well-organized. I've heard good things about it from co-workers, and it's also highly rated at Amazon - 4.5/5 stars, based on 218 votes at the moment.

Take a look: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/02...1745/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-4848051-7209733?ie=UTF8

4. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Design Patterns are not just related to object oriented software though. Drupal for example is not at all object oriented, but yet still has several design patterns.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding the concept of design patterns, which might be very true.