Deploy printers via GPO

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
I have linked several printers to a gpo and setup the pushprinterconnections.exe in the logon script. It works, but only for accounts in the administrators group on the domain. None of my regular domain users get any printers pushed out. I can manually add the printers when logged in as a regular user so I know they aren't denied that right. I'm still guessing it's a permission thing, I just don't know what to change to get it right. Anyone have any advice?

There is a GP setting that allows non admins to install printer drivers so I am guessing that is where the problem is. Cant remember it exactly though off hand.

I think I got it. I followed steps on a site ( can't find the link atm) it told me to point the script to the location of pushprinterconnection.exe. This is wrong. You need to COPY that file into the script location and then browse to that location and set your switches and the what not. It makes perfect sense when you see it. So yeah, seems to be working now. Glad I got it fixed before school starts. Last thing I need is 600 people asking to install printers for them.

Ahh you work in education, have you heard of EduGeek at all?
EduGeek.net - The Front Page is a site I run for techies/network managers etc that work in schools any where in the world. Its all free to use and has tons of scripts etc and knowledgeable people on there if you want to take a gander.

Actually I spent quite a bit of time on that site just the other day. Might have even been where I found out about my solution!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back