Dell XPS M1330: Third time is the charm?

Re: The wait is over again, the replacement for the M1330 has shipped!

Anticipation is killing me, let's hope it comes today :D

waiting!!

It *just* arrived. Still in the box.

Well open it up, why are you wasting time posting?!?!!?

Lets get this party started!!

Aaaaaa, another paper weight. :rolleyes: :p

Yep. Same two problems. "iaStor" timeouts and no third antenna for the Wireless-N card.

Both notebooks have SanDisk SSD drives so I am going to install a standard HDD and see what happens. At least that way I can rule for/out the SSD drive.

Yep. Same two problems. "iaStor" timeouts and no third antenna for the Wireless-N card.

Both notebooks have SanDisk SSD drives so I am going to install a standard HDD and see what happens. At least that way I can rule for/out the SSD drive.

I'd be pissed...

/me waits for further posts.

Ack. Damn, that is a major disappointment. Sorry to hear it. :dead:

The only positive thing about this is that since you have these problems I'm sure with just a little bit of complaining you can get them to take care of you. Maybe get an upgrade different model or something...?

Pissed doesn't even begin to describe the mood.

Use <yt></yt>, with [ and ]'s instead.

time for the M1710 !

Maybe I'll try that (the gun thing).

MadMatt,

I am a customer advocate here at Dell headquarters in Texas. I've been watching this thread for the last few days to see what happened with the exchange you just received. Since you have problems with that exchange I would like to see what I can do to get things properly taken care of.

If you would like my help just PM or email me so I can get the reference number for the exchange (that will give me all the other info I need to see what I can do for you).

If you have any questions for me, I'll be happy to answer them.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

Larry, thank you for your interest in my problems with the M1330. I have the cooperation of my account team and work with the SPD/reseller division. Supposedly my issue has been escalated within Dell and I am awaiting a response. It is highly likely that both units will be sent back to Dell and a refund will be issued.

Assuming that the problem is in fact the SanDisk SSD I am hesitant to reorder the M1330 with a SSD and will likely go with a standard HDD. I cannot function properly without a working notebook.

As you can imagine I am frustrated and my team knows that. I will defiantly keep you in mind if they come back to me with information that is less than satisfactory.

Thanks, again.

Larry, thank you for your interest in my problems with the M1330. I have the cooperation of my account team and work with the SPD/reseller division. Supposedly my issue has been escalated within Dell and I am awaiting a response. It is highly likely that both units will be sent back to Dell and a refund will be issued.

Assuming that the problem is in fact the SanDisk SSD I am hesitant to reorder the M1330 with a SSD and will likely go with a standard HDD. I cannot function properly without a working notebook.

As you can imagine I am frustrated and my team knows that. I will defiantly keep you in mind if they come back to me with information that is less than satisfactory.

Thanks, again.

I definitely understand about needing a working computer, which is why I wanted to make sure things were getting properly taken care of for you. If you think you (or the Dell folks you are working with) need my help with things, feel free to shoot me an email (customer_advocate@dell.com with 'ATTN: Larry (madmatt)' in the subject to ensure it gets to me) and I will do everything I can for you.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

What's going on with this Mattyboy?

Your guess is as good as mine. According to my team manager it has been shifted upwards and I should have a line of communication with them starting tomorrow. We'll see.

Have you contacted larry?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back