dell white laptop keyboard.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tuffgong4, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a mod that I can do turning my black keyboard on my dell 640m keyboard white???

It's killing me because I use my laptop in a lot of low light situations and would love to have my keyboard be white?

I'm guessing it's a long shot but I'm just throwing it out there.

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Might be a better option to get a USB light or something.

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

You would have to buy a new keyboard and then do the replacement or pay somebody to do it. That is assuming there is a white keyboard for your model... Not going to be cheap.

A USB powered LED light sounds really good to me. Check Meritline.com they have a lot of nifty gadgets for cheap.

Or... tilt your screen down so it shines on the keyboard. Image quality goes down but it is a cheap and dirty quick fix. Increasing the backlight intensity will help also but use a lot more battery.

Tuffgong4 likes this.
  4. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Just remember the keys :)

5. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I knew I could get a usb light but I love modding things. And was hoping I could mod it up.

Thanks for help guys and I would remember the keys but it's 50-50 between a desktop and laptop so it's hard to remember the little lap keyboard and opposed to the desktop that I could type in pitch black with.