***DELL LAPTOP INSPIRON 8100 buying today need views!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by original delboy, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Hi guys just been on the phone to dell after i checked this out on dells outlets..(they are cancelled orders) check this spec out!

Inspiron 8100

1.2ghz
    48gig
    256ram
    32mb geforce graphics card
    15 inch screen (1600 1200)
    modem/network combo card
    dvd cd re writter combo drive
    12mnths warranty etc

£1586.33

thx

2. DrX

DrX Guest

SSSSSSSSSSSwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!

nice system, more powerful than my desktop machine :p

One thing about DELL is the support is excellent, we use them at work and the service is great...

I would buy it .........

3. ust to confirm that i have now ordered the system:D :D :D :D and cant wait till i get it:p within 7-10 days...and then i will be here to download some tweeks and stuff!

4. max

max Guest

nice ....

after reading this post , im going to my boss and asking for a payrise........ :D

my desktop machine also sux :(

5. existenz

existenz Guest

haha!

yeah, I really like Dell support!

sweet deal you got there!! :eek:

6. Hi guys just rang dell on the delivery status and they said that it will be with me on monday sometime:p...while i was on the phone i asked them to read out the spes just to doubble check them..all was ok and then she said windows me...,Noooooooo.....i though to myself not that carbage:mad: .

So she said that it is not a problem as we will send you the cd out to u:eek:

i have a copy of xp pro shall i put that on there and is it easy to do...will it give me probs etc

thx

7. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

heh nice1... got a good comp there m8!

hmm... installing XP - the easiest OS to install so far out of the 9x and NT series... just stick in CD it'll auto run (if enabled) select Setup... it'll probably give u one or 2 questions and then install the set up files... then it'll reboot and do most of it itself... will ask u about regional settings, cd key etc... think the final screen is the users... set hem up click reboot and your ROCKING :D

any problems... well your in the best place with the best ppl helping u :)

MdSalih

8. Hi mdsalih thx for the reply...as im getting the inspiron 8100 laptop i just want to knw that will it be a problem to upgrade to xp pro..from windows me...will i need to format the hd drive etc etc..thx

9. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

No not really... its better to format if they just give the OS as software...

If they give u any additional software... they'll either give u the sofware on CD or if minimal on restore disk... you can do it like that...

But it *is* easier to upgrade... but you might have a problem with compatibility etc... nothing tooo major

MdSalih