Dell GX270 ADI Audio Disappearing from Windows

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Punkrulz, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey guys,

This issue occurs on various GX270 machines of ours in the PD. It doesn't happen on all of the machines, just a select few. For some reason or another, you can turn on the computer, hear Windows Audio playing as normal, but when you go to double-click on the volume icon, you get the following error message:

[​IMG]

Has anyone happened to seen a resolution to this? It has been going on for quite some time now and I haven't been able to fix it. It's becoming further troublesome, because it is primarily happening on detectives computers who need to review interrogations and such and now can't. I've tried updating to the latest driver I could fine, and that hasn't resolved it. Hasn't been resolved in any Windows Updates or anything either.

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

What audio device do yours have installed?
    I guess you are runnng the latest drivers from dell?

3. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

I believe it is the ADI AC97 Integrated Audio, and yes, latest drivers are in fact installed.

4. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

"Go to Start --> Run, and type in services.msc.

A window will pop up with a list of services. Scroll down to Windows Audio. Right-click
    and click on Properties.

Make sure that "Startup type" is set to automatic. Also, make sure, under "Service
    status," start is selected. (Mine was somehow set on stopped. I clicked start and
    -- voila! -- it worked.)"

I found the abover for you.

5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Anything in the system that could be conflicting with the audio device or sharing an IRQ?