Dell Flat Panel Speakers

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kcnychief, Aug 11, 2006.

1. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Does anyone have the speaker bars that go with their flat panel monitors? I can't listen to things very loud because of where I live, and I hardly ever use my speakers because of the low amount of time I actually use my PC at home.

I was thinking of getting one of those for my LCD, mostly to save on space and neaten things up a bit. I have seen/used them in the past and was relatively impressed with the quality. I have seen some with subwoofers and satellites, but will probably just grab the one with the bar only if I decide to go that route.

Opinions?

2. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

interested here to hear if anyone has applied these in a notebook situation and if so to what effect.....

3. kcnychief

I would assume you mean when the notebook also displays on an LCD either mirroring the display or using as a primary display - right?

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I've seen them and they ruin the look of Dell's ultra/uber nice look. Personally I would buy a nice set of Logitech 2.1 speakers and keep the sub turned down. I love my Logitech's.

5. kcnychief

While I have seen them on the 2xx5 models I have yet to see them on the 2xx7 models which are a complete re-design. I'll have to see what it looks like, try to find some graphics on the web.

I have a 2007FPW I want to hook one up to...