Dell DJ is here!

I had a Dell Pocket DJ for a couple of months now I love it. I don't use the POS music match to transfer my songs. I use The DJ Explorer, Dudebox and WMP10. One thing you have to remember, DO NOT UPDATE TO THE NEWEST FIRMWARE ! it disables the ability to use WMP 10 and Dudebox .. You can only use Music match with it, seeing that I hate musicmatch I won't update .

Music Match SUX unless you get the higher end version. But no need to if you use wmp10 or other apps.

:)

bk, here is a basic writeup, I think my significant other deleted the full thing from the laptop (w/o piccies) :(

Attachments

• Dell Pocket DJ.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 140
This or the Zen Micro...that is the question. :)
Any inputs?

P.S. Sazar, I've sent you the email.

Last edited:
I like the zen micro, but from what i hear the Dell DJ is pretty cool. I would go with what company you like more. I personaly think creative is more of a audio company than dell is, but dell has made a sweet product that is cheaper and just as cool. The only thing I would worry about(featurewise) is the Radio and voice recorder. If I am wrong about these features, please correct :D

From what I read in a PCMag review, Creative actually makes the innards for the DJ, so the hardware and firmware are pretty similar.

I don't really listen to FM, and I'm not sure if I'd use the voice recorder much, although it seems like a handy feature. My cellphone already takes care of syncing Outlook calendar events (and it seems like a more appropriate device to handle that sort of stuff anyway), so that's not something I need either.

I think the Micro's removable battery is one of the most significant differences, and that's what's making the decision difficult. The Pocket DJ battery can also be replaced unofficially, although it voids the warranty, but then again...I'm pretty sure the battery is replaced at no cost when the device is still under warranty. The question is how do I obtain a replacement battery from Dell, since they don't officially support battery replacement. That was one of my questions for Sazar.

I'm currently leaning towards the Pocket DJ since my personal experience with lots of Dell stuff has been excellent so far. I don't doubt the quality of Creative's stuff either though - I've had their sound cards that are 6+ years old and still going strong.

I don't know...it seems like I can't go wrong with either one. I just hate making decisions like these. :p
(This is a birthday gift from my bro, by the way, and he's asked me to pick one of them)

You do could it the old Navy way and flip a coin :p

Haha that would work, although I'd feel guilty for the rest of the week because I took a decision based on random chance. :p

If you went with the zen micro you can get your fav color :p

Thanks Sazar. :)

He's waiting until the end of the month, so I still have plenty of time to decide which one I want to go with. I'll see if I can find a way to play with both of them...I know there's a Dell kiosk at a local mall, and Best Buy might have a Zen Micro that I can try.

There's a lot of options out there. Hold em and see which you personally like :)

Yeah, I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two.
I think actually trying them out will settle the dilemma. :)

I would recommend getting complete care with your DJ if you decide on it.

I did :)

My old DJ and my new replacement DJ.

My girl cracked the screen when she dropped something on it, I got a replacement no questions asked the next day delivered (fortunately they had stock in Austin).

It's plugged in so I can move my songs over to it.

Attachments

• DJ's.JPG
    DJ's.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 92
Complete Care is not RMA :D

It's a free replacement for accidental damage incurred on your system.

Fortunately for me, their replacement department for the DJ's happens to be in Austin.

But I did cheat by calling em on an internal extension :D

Did you still have to listen to some Frank while you were on hold? :p

I totally forgot about this thread. :dead:

@NetRyder: Stick with the DJ. :D

@Sazar: Thanks for the write-up. I'll see what I can do. :)

Electronic Punk said:
Did you still have to listen to some Frank while you were on hold? :p

I had my old DJ pumpin out some Prodigy m8 :smoker:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back