Dell 4100 Upgrade to WinXP

S

Sage

My buddy has a Dell Dimension 4100 win Win98 on it, can he do a clean install with WinXP Pro? Or does Dell have a specific configuration they use when install XP on their systems.

dont see why not

Unless there is something very specific about that puter that I dont know about I dont see why not best bet is to look at the list at micro$oft and see if they mention anything specific but also it depends on his hardware ( webcams, printers, videocards, soundcards...) check the list its the best bet and make sure you get all the updated drivers needed for the stock he has :cool:

Yes, there's no reason he cannot do a new installation on that, or any other standard system.

Upgrade

Everything went well with the upgrade, only thing had probs with internet and not connecting, everything looked fine, but when I looked at the ethernet card in device manager it wasn't what was actually installed (Both were SMC but versions were different) went and got win2k drivers for the card and boom surfing again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back