Deleting stuff

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Wyldfox, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Wyldfox

Wyldfox Guest

Is there anyway to get rid of some of the programs that WinXP PE adds that it won't let me manually or through add/remove programs delete....or can they be moved to my D drive? Things like Microsoft FrontPage, MSN Gaming Zone...
    Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but that's my boot drive, and I'm running out of room with the stuff it adds...and keeps adding. Thanks. :)

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

You can get rid of them by going into add/remove programs, then selecting windows components, uncheck the boxes for what you don't want and walla gone :)
  3. Wyldfox

Wyldfox Guest

It doesn't seem to let me do that....not all the things that were added are there. One thing I'm trying to get to there, IE repair, doesn't seem to work either. Thanks.
  4. Rod

Rod OSNN Junior Addict

I"m having similar issues tryign to delete these same folders. I've turned off Windows file Protection to no avail. There must be some way to delete these folders - msn gaming zone, xerox, and microsoft frontpage. All are empty and all are claiming to be in use; safe mode and all other methods or attempts have failed, where's the sudo equivalent in windows?