Deleting a short cut

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dreamworks, Nov 17, 2003.

1. dreamworks

dreamworks --== babyface ==--

Hi guys ..

I have a PC running on Win XP Pro. In this PC, there are 2 users, user A (administrator) and user B (limited user). I have recently added Palm Desktop sofware and along comes with it a short cut called "quick install" to enable installation of software into my PDA.

The unfortunate part is, when user B logs into his account, there is a short cut with the picture of a folder on his desktop. There is no description or name for this short cut or whatso ever. Right click on it there is only the option of cut, create short cut, and delete. None of the functions work however.

Please advise how do I get rid of this icon? Your help and advise is most appreciated. Many thanks!! :D

2. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Try deleting in Recovery console.

3. dreamworks

Meaning safe mode??

4. dreamworks

: ( ... the icon is still around and i have yet to find any way to delete it off .. any help would be greatly appreciated!! : (

5. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

If you read the XP manual you'll see instructions for Recovery console.

6. lion7718

lion7718 OSNN Addict

If you delete it from the Admin Screen, than you can delete it from the other one..than go back & make a New Shortcut for the Admin Screen...I know it's a hassle, but it works.

7. dreamworks

THANK YOU >> THANK YOU >> THANK YOU : )

It works .. the moment I deleted the icon from the Admin Screen .. the icon on the other user was gone by itself. All I needed to do was just to recreate a new short cut for myself. Why did that happened anyway?

8. lion7718

lion7718 OSNN Addict

Whenever you install a program on the Admin Screen it will create Icons on all other Accounts.