Deleted Print Spooler

tomcat71

OSNN Newbie
Hi
A while ago, some how, during a registry cleanup, I deleted the print spooler on my laptop.:nervous:
I didn't realize it, because there was no need to print some thing. But now there is, and I don't know how to get the spooler back without reinstalling WIN XP.
Is there anybody who knows how?

Frank

If you click Start - Run - type "services.msc" (no quotes) - look to see if the Print Spooler is listed there (alphabetical order). I know you said you deleted it during a registry cleanup, but I am not sure if that is the case. Try that first, and let us know the results :)

Hi

Yes, it is still listet, "Description" is there and "Status" is empty, "startup type" is set to automatic and "log on as" is Local system.

If I click start the service here than I get the message "Could not start the Print Spooler service on local computer. Error 1068:The dependency service or group failed to start."

Frank

If you did this recently do a system restore to before it happened. If not-

Right click the print spooler service. Click properties then the General tab. Clcik Start under Service Status.

The path to executable should be C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe Check if the file is there. If not copy it over from another computer (or from the windows CD) into the directory.
Its only 73kB in size. If you can't find a copy I can upload the SP2 version from sept 2005 for you.

Last edited:
Hi

Sorry LeeJend, I installed new a new "spoolsv.eve", but nothing. Always the same result.

To wwwdjrcs:
Your link was helpfull, but only indirect. At the end off this linked page was another link direkly to a lexmark page.

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:204:0:0&framed=&docid=ENUS816&relevance=1

This support page actually solved my 3 month old problem in 10 minutes.
All my printers (6 physical, 3 network, and 6 software printers) they are all back again.

But without you guys, I would still search for a solution.

Thanks a lot.:)
Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back