Delayed Write Failed

B

Bogey

I get a delayed write fail message for Drive E. When this happens I can no longer see my D E or F Drives.. The D and E drive is a partitioned 30G Hard Drive and the F drive is a CD-RW. When this happens the only way to recover appears to be to reboot the computer. Has anyone seen this before and if so is there anyway to recover from it without the reboot.. ( I have tried to do hardware install from control panel with no luck when this happens):confused:
I have reseated the cable to the motherboard and the devices, any other ideas?

what are you trying to do copy files or install programs?

Maybe the hdd is about to give up on you? Heard any funny sounds from it lately?

No noises at all.. it only started to happen after I went to Win XP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back