Default e-Mail Application Error

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Hey all;

I have a small problem on WinXP with multiple user accounts. Me and my girlfriend use the same pc. I use Outlook 2002 in my profile and she uses Outlook Express in hers.

Now, when she checks her mail, she gets this dialog box telling her that Outlook Express isn't currently the default e-mail application, and asking if she wishes to change that. Well, she clicks on 'Yes' and everything else is just fine until I check my mail.

When I log on to my account and try to check my mail using Outlook 2002 I get the same dialog box: Outlook XP isn't currently the default e-mail app.... When I click on Yes the default setting changes in my account as well in my girl's.

Any1?

thnx

Lukas

Pretty sure that if you look in the options or that box that pops up with the message about being default you can stop either one looking at whether it is default or not. Might be something like 'No & don't ask again' which should be ticked instead of 'yes'. There is a way to do it.
What I'm trying to say is make them both set to 'Don't see if default or not'.

I know, but that doesn't solve my problem. Coz if my girl-friend answers 'No' to the question, and then she clicks on a 'mail-to'-link Outlook XP will start in stead of Outlook Express...

Ticking the checkbox doesn't change the situation. I only need the profiles retain their default mail application setting, and they don't.

Thnx for feedback thou.

Greetz

Lukas

Something is definatly wrong with this @#£%$...

On the logon screen, only my girlfriend gets the number of unread messages... I don't...

Any1?

Greetz

Lukas

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back