Debug Preventing Install?!

R

Renzoukuken

When I go to install Red Alert 2 it doesn't even get into the installation and it says Debugger Detetected, Unload And Try Again....

I have never seen this and I've installed it countless times...
Does anyone know how to unload the debugger?

Thanks

try doing a ctrl-alt-delete and killing the mdm.exe process if you see it listed.

You don't have any type of other debuggers installed do you? like SoftICE or the ones that come with visual studio?

Hey

i dont have ANY debuggers
nor do i have that mdm.exe even listed

could it be anything else?

anyone know what it might be?? I really really like that game...

Same with Black & White

Recently I bought B&W. After installing and startup is says the same: unload debugger. I've found out it's the safedisc copy protection that checks for a debugger. But there is no debugger active. One suggestion is to upgrade the creative drivers but no effect. And mdm.exe is not listed in Task manager. Is there a way to block the safedisc check so I can play my legal game?

My RA2 was doing the same thing
My partition was NTFS when I formatted and went to FAT32 it worked

Tidus

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back