[DEBATE] Do not use registry cleaners

rjsmithwalmart

OSNN Newbie
Hello everyone Do not use registry programs. they will destory some system files in windows and other os system.

Last edited:
Re: Hello Everyone!!! DO Not USE

Are you for real ?? And where do you get your information from ? Research ? Word of mouth ? Your Mommy ? Maybe a little more credability on your part would make me not want to tell you to take a hike ...

The only time a registry program will mess up your system is if you go through and delete things that you have no idea what they are. There a number of NOOBIES who think they know everything about pc's, then go in a destroy pc's left and right by deleting things without looking first. It is the same people who use AOL that I am referring to ;)

if you dont know what it is dont touch it. Viruses and spyware are bad.. yes.. but a person that knows not what he is doing in a reg and can get into it.. thats a *uck up waiting to happen..

make a back up before you start messing with your registry! and if you don't know what you're doing, it's best you don't start.

Interesting first post :p Look forward to seeing how you evolve with your next... Welcome, assuming there will be a next? ;)

you need to be somewhat more than an amoeba to make more than one post :p

rjsmithwalmart said:
Hello everyone Do not use registry programs. they will destory some system files in windows and other os system.
if you mean the general cleaning functions of registry programs that allege to search for entries that don't do anything I happen to agree with the author of this thread

there are more issues then people ever realize by "purging useless registry entries"

features in programs you might not be using yet stop functioning, maybe you can't get windows updates, and a host if issues that don't arise for months

and a user will never be able to attribute his issue to the registry cleaner if it happens months after the "purge"

I've never EVER seen an issue resolved or a computer "sped up" by purging the registry, and I have seen plenty of issues caused and obviously the computer slowed down when an issue does occur

now, registry tools are excellant for remaining entries you've uninstalled but the uninstaller wasn't efficient, but the general purging tool in these programs should never be used on xp

imho

Last edited:

Johnny said:
Are you for real ?? And where do you get your information from ? Research ? Word of mouth ? Your Mommy ? Maybe a little more credability on your part would make me not want to tell you to take a hike ...

The only time a registry program will mess up your system is if you go through and delete things that you have no idea what they are. There a number of NOOBIES who think they know everything about pc's, then go in a destroy pc's left and right by deleting things without looking first. It is the same people who use AOL that I am referring to ;)

Let me tell you something, I been using windows and other os system. And any registry files you delete, it do not have to be a insert one it will make your system low and crash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agrees with Perris completely, these registry tools are useless for most people there made out to be a cure all and there not.

rjsmithwalmart said:
Let me tell you something, I been using windows and other os system. And any registry files you delete, it do not have to be a insert one it will make your system low and crash.
let's tone it done a little

I grant that some of us responded a little harsh and your post is a reaction to that so I understand the tone of your reaction

but let's keep it on topic

btw...welcome to the board

Last edited by a moderator:

As a day to day software tech I have to add that using regedit.exe is fine, but only if you know what you are doing and have backed up the registry first.

Bulk registry entry delete tools are as everyone says a bad idea unless you are interested in how a registry can be crippled by a bad registry program for research project purposes.

I've not had issues with ccleaner or the winguides app at cleaning the registry. I've not noticed any difference in windows performance or stability, but it floats my boat so to speak :)

perris said:
let's tone it done a little

I grant that some of us responded a little harsh and your post is a reaction to that so I understand the tone of your reaction

but let's keep it on topic

btw...welcome to the board

I disagree Perris, let him keep spewing crap like this...

he will just get laughed out of here.. making a cover all statement like this shows his lack of information on the subject...

with that attitude you got to be kidding...

just my opinion, but hes the type of person who is commonly reffered to as a "Turd in the punchbowl"

I would not be offended if he didnt come back... and you welcomed him too?

HA!

Some people got out the wrong side of the bad again this morning I see :rolleyes:

Evil Marge said:
Some people got out the wrong side of the bad again this morning I see :rolleyes:

Sorry Marge, I hate to see people who have no time here talking to people so rudely...

Thread title changed to reflect content.

how can you not use a registry cleaner?! It saves you having to reformat your PC when it starts to run really slowly!

if i got a registry cleaner. what would it delete. and what if one of the files that windows uses to start up is deleted. what happens.

bobsalot said:
if i got a registry cleaner. what would it delete. and what if one of the files that windows uses to start up is deleted. what happens.

A registry cleaner cleans your registry! :nervous: It deleted rgistry keys - bascially your registry can get clogged with a lot of useless and invalid registry keys, by deleting this invalid and useless keys you can fasten your computer A LOT.

Most registry cleaners have backups of the files they delete and usually make a copy of your registry before making any changes/deletions to it. Thus, if something does go wrong (which hopefully shouldnt happen) you can always go back to where you started! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back