ddr400 read as 333?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kush, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Kush

Kush High On Life!

ok i built my sisters new pc, abit kv7, and the ram 256 ddr400 twinmos, and amd athlon xp 2400+, the ram is being read as 333, but i dont know how to change that in the bios what should i look for and change that to, i think its cuz the cpu speed is 333 thats why the ram is running at 333 right? i dont know how to change this and dont want to ruin anything and btw i did update teh bios the the latest version and it detected it as 266 same as the first time i turn the pc on, i had to go in and tell it the cpu was the 2400+ it thought it was the 1500+ then it read as 333, how do i get it to read 400?

2. koko

koko Got Root?

not sure if this'll work, but try going into the bios and bumping your fsb to 200. it's probably set to 166 now.

3. blinden

blinden OSNN Senior Addict

you won't ruin anything, short of overclocking, you are getting all that you are going to get out of that setup.

4. Kush

Kush High On Life!

wouldnt that be overclocking my cpu?

5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Yes

It is running 333 because that is the FSB of your chip. The RAM will have plenty of room for overclocking. The cpu, maybe.

6. Kush

Kush High On Life!

thats what i thought, can i lower the mulitiplier and then higher the fsb so it would still read as the 2400+ and not get hotter?

7. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

You probably could, but I dont' think you'd see much a performance increase. I would tighten up the memory timings instead.

8. Kush

Kush High On Life!

can you walk me through that, i dont want to mess anything up