DDR VS RAMBUS question

P

psx2000

What is faster?

DDR 333 vs RAMBUS PC800-40 512MB RIMM

Any sites with comparisons or benchmarks?

I would go with PC 1066 but price and availabilty are a problem in hawaii.

Uh?

I definitely disagree that PC-800 RDRAM is faster than any DDR-333.

I just benched my 333. Their are other bechmarks all over the web that prove that 333 is just as fast and faster than PC-800.

PC-1066 might be another story but it is spendy stuff.

oh well lol from what i heard from people rambus is supposed to be faster but i dont really care i use DDR anyway isnt there supposed to be a new type of DDR coming out called DDR2 or something someone posted something a while back about that.not sure if its true tho

its not the speed you should worry about... its the bandwidth :)

the top of the line rdram... 1066 is the fastest and has the best bandwidth... but it is only a little more than the ddr2700...

also rdram commands a premium in price... :)

pc800 (800mhz) rambus and pc3200 (400mhz) ddr both have 3.2gb/sec of bandwidth. 333mhz ddr has 2.7gb/sec (hence pc2700) and so on. pc1066 rambus has 4.2gb/sec of bandwidth... the most out of all memory interfaces.

but ddr has a future.. unlike rambus.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back