Ddr Pc2700

K

Khaled

My friend just bought a new 2.4 GHz P4 processor, with 533 MHz FSB, and a 845E Motherboard and bought a 256 MB DDR-SDRAM PC2700, everthing is working fine , but in the Bios, it says that RAM Memory speed is 266 MHz instead Of 333MHz, can any please explain this?, thank u

as far as i know, the 845e's only support up to pc2100 (266mhz) ddr. so your pc2700 is effectively underclocked. nothing wrong with that. actually, you should be able to go into your bios and set some aggressive timings because it is underclocked.

[edit] okay, i was wrong. it seems some 845e's support pc2700 and other only pc2100. if you're does indeed support pc2700, you should be able to go into your bios and find a cpu/memory divider. currently it will be set to 1:1.. you want it at 4:5.

thanks, should I tell him to get a 350watt power supply or 250 is fairly enough?

a 250watt would probably barely run it with one harddrive, one optical drive, and a medium-grade video card. definitely get the 350watt to make sure you'll be able to power everything and have a little room for upgrades later on.

thats what i thought, can I ask u one more question?, I have a 1.2 GHz Celeron processor and a 256 MB Rams and 2 Optical drives, one hard disk and a modem and a Creative sound blaster live!5.1 and a radeon7000 Vga, would a 250 watt power supply bare with these, and if not, does this have any effect on the monitor

no effect on the monitor afaik... but it may cause problems - I'm not sure about it though.

a 250w is not powerful enough imo unfortunately, you'd be looking at at least 300w there, a 350w would be better (for upgrades etc)

Originally posted by Khaled
thats what i thought, can I ask u one more question?, I have a 1.2 GHz Celeron processor and a 256 MB Rams and 2 Optical drives, one hard disk and a modem and a Creative sound blaster live!5.1 and a radeon7000 Vga, would a 250 watt power supply bare with these, and if not, does this have any effect on the monitor
actually, 250watt should be fine for that setup. there's certainly nothing power-hungry there.

either way, it shouldn't affect the monitor. the only way i could think it would affect your picture is if the video card was not getting enough voltage/current and sending wierd signals to the monitor. but that's unlikely.

that should affect the Vga TV-Out too?, because the vga is working just fine on the TV, but on my monitor, the monitor goes black!

I think u right, i will buy a psu, a 350 watt, but will it work for P4 and P3 and AMD Motherboards as well? I am sorry for my stupid questions but I really need to learn, thank u all for your help

I think it depends on who makes the psu. a 350w enermax would be good for a p4,p3 and amd. A no-name make may not be though. I'm not as knowledgable regarding power supplies as many others. I just bought the biggest I could afford at the time of upgrade (got a 550w).

hhmm.. my 300W psu blew up when i added a second HD into my old system. i had a CDROM and CDRW in the system already though.

It all depends on whether its a good name brand supply or some cheapo taiwanese junker.

With a junker it doesn't matter what the label says it can fry on you (and take the system with it). Tomshardware ran a power supply evaluation and 2 of the candidates fried before reaching max load.

Enermax or Antec will run at max load. I'm running a 300W Antec with the system in my sig. No stability problems.

Now my favorite anecdote:
A buddy of mine just got a new P4, MB and RAM when his Antec Supply fried (knowing the guy he was probably responsible...). Moral of the story is any power supply can die from infant mortality but try getting a new system from a no name taiwanese power supply manufacturer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back