DDR 333/266 ?? RAMs

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
I've just been wondering with some new motherboards which uses DDR instead of SDRAM, I've been seeing some DDRs are 333 or 266 Mhz.Say, (because I've never used a DDR before) for example my m/board accepts and runs on a 266 DDRs., can it also go steady and stable with a 333s ? With SDRAM, I've tried 100 and the 133, I had no problem with it but what about DDRs ?
Doe it means if the m/board accepts a 333s, when I'm upgrading I only have to purchase 333s...only ?? Helps needed because thinking of upgrading my PC to a 2.8 P4 with DDRs.Thanks.

ram works backwards

If the board runs 266 ... chances are it wont run 333 .. most ram works backwards ie on a board able to run 333 you could run 266 its backwards compatible in most cases , when you ran 133's on a 100 board your 133's were working as 100's thats normal ...you could put in 333 but why if your paying more for the 333 would you want it when it wont run higher than 266, you need to check your motherboard specs to see if it can run 333's at 333 .....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back