Data Recovery?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ~bk, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Well for some reason my user account in Windows XP was being weird so I had to delete it. I saved all my emails, documents and etc except for 'one' single folder which is usually on my desktop. It had my latest graphics work, and now I have lost it. :(

Is there anyway I can get it back, or recover it?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help. :)

2. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Usually when you delete a user account (you being logged in as Administrator) XP will ask you if you want to save the users files that could be profiles or what not. I think if you had any folders on yer desktop under yer user account (the one that you deleted) it would ask to save it/them. I remember this from dealing with one of my daughter's computers (her user account was pooped to shiit, had ta kill it :p). Did XP ask to save anything? If so, did ya look inside the folder? Maybe it got saved.

Yeah I read that you saved some things. But I izz assuming that you did on yer own.

3. ~bk

~bk I Political User

It only asked if I wanted to save 'My Documents.'

4. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Wohoo! Found them! :D That folder was stored in the 'Documents and Settings' folder.

5. Beginning

Beginning I'm Beginning Somehow...

Right on.. I'm glad you got it figured... That not saving thing can be a real pain in the a$$.. :)

6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

~bk likes this.
  7. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Thanks guys. :)

8. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Glad you recovered your stuff! :D

~bk likes this.