Data recovery after format and windows reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by indyjones, Aug 12, 2008.

1. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Hi there

Hoping somebody can help, I had my laptop formatted and for some reason one of the 2 dvds i backed my data on to did not work. I have already tried a few data recovery software packages such as DataRecovery and GetDataBac, they can find alot of file but not the report i need, am I screwed or is there more powerful software I could try?

Many Thanks

2. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

If this is the DVD...Have you tried Isobuster?

3. indyjones

For some reason it did not burn anything to disc despite roxio saying it was "completed"

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

THere is a data recovery firm in birmingham thats cheap (comparitively) I forget their name though.

Recovering from a format and reload may be very expensive though as it's not the easiest of tasks.

indyjones likes this.
  5. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Are you sure?

Isobuster can see files that you may not be able to see in Windows.

indyjones likes this.
  6. indyjones

I got the disc to work and recoved my reports, thank you everyone I can now change my pants ;)

Thanks again

7. kelly1

kelly1 OSNN One Post Wonder

I have recently lost my data from my computer due to the virus attack. I have used Stellar Phoenix data recovery software to recover all my data. This software is very easy to use and provides good recovery solution. You can try this software it will help you to recover all your data. Firstly download the software demo version from the site
    http://www.stellarinfo.com/download.htm
    In demo version software completely scans your hard drive and you will be able to see the preview of your recoverable file. After getting desired results download the full version to complete your recovery.