Dark Games and videos!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ghettorare, Aug 4, 2003.

1. ghettorare

ghettorare Guest

i have the MSI Geforce 4 Ti4200 64MB 8x and i dont know whats wrong with my games and videos they all look dark. i constantly have to be setting the brightness inside the games and they look wack. is there another way to adjusting the brightness of my applications? my monitor's brightness and contrats are set high. what am i missing?
  2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    if you have gamma setting options... play around with that and turn your gamma higher...
  3. Homie

Homie Guest

the new detonator drivers have gamma and brightness controls inside the display properties that allow u set it for everything. Download the hard page to unlock a crap load more options including digital vibrance... let me know u need more help. http://content.guru3d.com/index.php?page=nvhardpage&menu=5.
  4. ghettorare

ghettorare Guest

ok i downloaded the nvhardpage drivers but it wont let me adjust the digital vibrance... is there another way of setting the gamma, the regular 44.03 drivers wont let me do it.
  5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    what do you mean it won't let you do it? is the gamma slider greyed out or something?
  6. Homie

Homie Guest

Did u unlock all the options first? cool bits etc
  7. Smelly-Finger

Smelly-Finger OSNN Junior Addict

Belfast, N. Ireland
    What i use and I find it really good is powerstrip so I can use ALT + CTRL and the + & - keys to raise or lower the gamma settings.

You can find it here Powerstrip
  8. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

Powerstrip is a great utility to adjust gamma during gameplay. With your video card you shouldn't have this problem with a high end processor. Have you adjusted your monitor settings on the front panel, and also check to see if there are any current drivers for your monitor