dare to compare...

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Sazar, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

2. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

don't even have any games that require that kind of power :p ohhhh warcraft 3 wth no jaggies!!! no wait already doing that.... ok nm I still don't have anything that needs that :confused:

wouldn't mind having one tho just to have it :D

3. Sazar

posted new demos on ati's website...

please note... the demo's EXE files will only run if you have appropriate software/hardware... :)

http://mirror.ati.com/developer/demos/r9800.html

btw... the mpegs of both the demos do not do justice to the actual demos... all I have to say is WOW... :)

4. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

sazar is says your 9700 is modded what exactly did u do to it?

5. Sazar

in a manner of speaking... not anything hardware or software related other than adding extra copper coolers (passive) to aid heat dissipation from memory and the little thinger @ the back :)

6. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

i would be really interested in what NVIDIA is doing. they can not be happy with this. how will they respond. the FX is DOA, and as far as i can see the $100 million to bring it to market was a waste. how far down can nvidia go before it falls.

7. Sazar

its actually 400million dollars... but its for the entire nv3x lineup... not the nv30 alone...

the nv35 is being touted as a more powerful contender and likely with its supposed 256bit memory bus and higher clock speeds... it should be a nice card...

the problem remaining is what nvidia chooses to do with the core... as it stands the market is flooded with powerful and low priced components that are on a daily basis getting a LOT of press... losing market share will not make nvidia shareholders happy therefore I expect them to get a little more hungry and have better components... or at least more realistic marketing.. in the latter half of the year...