Damn Norton 2001

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by exo, Apr 1, 2002.

1. exo

exo Guest

yes i have gotten all the updates but it still says: NAVAP device could not be initialized! wtf

2. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

If it has the name norton associated with it, avoid it like the plague, I thought everybody knew that!!

TOK

3. Dan-Xp

Dan-Xp Guest

First thing about Norton AntVirus 2001, it won't run under Windows-XP. You must upgrade to Norton AntiVirus 2002.

(I am not totally sure about this, But this is what I've seen on other boards. So please correct me if I am wrong. I am willing to learn some new tricks.)

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

I've seen a few people getting norton 2001 running on XP but from what I know it is a major pain in the ass. I'd recommend upgrading to 2002 if possible...I love alot of Norton Products their firewall especially but they pulled one hell of a money scheme when they made it so that if you wanted almost ALL the norton line to work in XP you neded to upgrade to 2002

but hey companies will be companies =P

5. allan

allan Guest

First of all, you won't find a better designed and developed product than Norton Anti-Virus. Period. In fact, the entire Symantec / Norton System Works Suite is worth its weight in gold.

While most of the Norton 2001 products will not work with XP, I am told that NAV sometimes will. Still, your best bet is to upgrade to 2002.

6. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I agree completely. Intellectual property doesn't actually weigh anything - worth all that for sure. :eek: