Cut Up Boys - Radio 1

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
http://www.cutupboys.co.uk/

Check em out..they do some incredible remixes of tunes in the charts! Really good stuff...heard them on Dave Pearce's show last night (they are on each week i think, may be more than that)

Their site has some great samples of what they do!

...spread the word! ;)

Yes, frequently. John Peel's show is legendary, waiting for Dj Hixxy to play on the 16th of March, then a load more Dj's on the 17th (Think those dates are right anyway)

Must be a myth that their losing listeners rapidly then :p

John Peels the only one worth listening to :D

Radio1 is often dodgy but the Cut Up Boys mixes are truly incredible! they are on every thursday 7.30pm - 8pm. check it out cos hearing is believing

i have seen the cut up boys live and all they do is play already mixed cds of stuff that they have done and put a drop on the end of the mix so they can change cds !!!!
the stuff on the radio is quality but i just dont think these guys are actually djs but producers cashing in on the radio 1 set they have!!!
all the mixes could never be done live as they are all time over the place on the speeds of the records, i give props for the originality of there stuff but i just hate the fact that they are getting paid to do live mixing and all they are doing is playing cds,
surely just playing a cd with no mixing capabilities is just rubbish im saving my cash next time i go out to see proper djs mixing not just fake ones!!!

size13 said:
the stuff on the radio is quality but i just dont think these guys are actually djs but producers cashing in on the radio 1 set they have!!!
all the mixes could never be done live as they are all time over the place on the speeds of the records, i give props for the originality of there stuff but i just hate the fact that they are getting paid to do live mixing and all they are doing is playing cds,

I've seen them live a couple of times, both times they absolutely rocked it, their stuff is totally superb and people get into it bigtime. You're right they basically just segue they're own mash-ups together without any mental yoda-style mixing but as you've just pointed out they couldn't possibly do it live anyway - nor could yoda, funkmaster flex or anyone!!! SO WHAT ARE YOU DISSIN THEM FOR!!??...People want to hear their stuff... they follow what the crowd want and when you see them you know you will be hearing top drawer music that is totally unique to them. How can you call them fakes when they are playing all their own material that they have slaved over in the studio...how many djs can you say that about??? Personally i'd rather dance and have a good time at a cut-up boys gig than drool over the smooth mixing of A.N. Other dj playing all the usual ****e. Peace

keenan said:
I've seen them live a couple of times, both times they absolutely rocked it, their stuff is totally superb and people get into it bigtime. You're right they basically just segue they're own mash-ups together without any mental yoda-style mixing but as you've just pointed out they couldn't possibly do it live anyway - nor could yoda, funkmaster flex or anyone!!! SO WHAT ARE YOU DISSIN THEM FOR!!??...People want to hear their stuff... they follow what the crowd want and when you see them you know you will be hearing top drawer music that is totally unique to them. How can you call them fakes when they are playing all their own material that they have slaved over in the studio...how many djs can you say that about??? Personally i'd rather dance and have a good time at a cut-up boys gig than drool over the smooth mixing of A.N. Other dj playing all the usual ****e. Peace
i agree, but they are not like yoda or funk master flex , funk master flex does all his stuff live thats why hes so good , yoda is a dj , but the cut up boys are producers who are cashing in on idiots like you mate , have you seen any 1 to compare them to??? and if you cant do it live like you say then why dont they just send a cd mix in to the club and not even turn up and just let it play,im not slating them as producers i love the stuff they do but i feel that producers that cash in on djing when they cant mix anything is just **** , they get billed as djs in the same calibre as funk flex and jazzy jeff and yoda but they are not the same, plus just cos they rocked it does that really mean they are good cos any1 could go to a club with a pre mixed cd that they know rocked !!!
i think that acts such as these contribute to the death of dance music in general , now all you have to do is play a mix cd in a club to rock a place then whats the point in djs???? u might as well have no 1 there and play a juke box
if you cant mix the stuff live then why bother djing??? some1 will find out that you are just a fake!! do u really think the promoters of the gigs think they are playing already mixed cds??? i think not !!! i would be totally pissed off if i booked a radio 1 dj and he played an already mixed cd, its like miming to a song totally **** as you know when u see some one miming u pretty much know they are total crap!!

I totally agree that IF they just played a premixed cd it would be lame...

But they don't just play a pre-mixed cd??? They play loads of 5-6 minute cut-ups that theyve produced themselves and segue together live. The job of a dj is surely to play what a crowd want, when they want it...the cut up boys definitely go with the crowd - changing what their playing to suit the mood - so whats ur problem??. If you follow your argument through then all dj's are charlatans because they are playing "pre-mixed" material (ie records/cds) and not creating the sounds themselves like PROPER musicians.

Despite being, as you say, an idiot (?!). I've seen more than my fair share of brilliant technical dj's, including Yoda and flex. For djing skills they blow the cut up boys away, BUT, i'd have to say... for pleasing a crowd and for the sheer quality and originalty of the set the cut up boys are right up there.

I suppose the problem is what you were EXPECTING from their set... i went to hear their mash-ups in a live environment, and was delighted. You were obviously hoping for the craziness to be done live and thus were disappointed (even tho you yourself said that was impossible!!). I reckon if you see them again, forget about the intricacies of the mixing and just dance with all us other idiots you will probably surprise yourself and actually enjoy it. nice1

but they dont play 5 minute mixes mate they play 15 min cuts so u obviosly dont know what you are talkin about mate , why are djs charlatens they play tunes not mixes !!!! mixes are when u blend 2 or more records together LIVE not on a computer at home, if you have been to see acts such as yoda and flex why are you promoting the cut up boys??? i firstly think what they do on radio is quality but they get billed on events as a live dj act and they clearly are not. i see lots of djs every week and i have been clubbing for over ten years and i love dance music in all its forms but i think as a punter people get ripped off by acts like these, just by makin mixes on a computer does not make you a dj any fool can do it all it takes is getting the right break which they clearly did!!! im sure that people will eventually see through the fasard!!!
also they have lost there dave peirce drive time mixes as he is leaving radio 1 shortly
so we will see if people will still go and see them without the radio 1 tag that comes on the flyer!!! i think people are only going to see them cos they think that they are going to do all that stuff live cos of what they hear on radio 1 !! plus the resident djs that appear before them and after them who actually mix live will probably not be to happy that a guest dj just played a couple of mix cds for a set and who sees a promoter every week ?? the residents thats who
If you follow your argument through then all dj's are charlatans because they are playing "pre-mixed" material (ie records/cds) and not creating the sounds themselves like PROPER musicians
that is total bull**** djs create music from blending LIVE like musicians do with instruments to make music
the cut up boys dont do this
are you saying if you went to say a oasis concert (as an example) and some bloke just played there top 20 releases off a cd you wouldnt feel ripped off
if i pay an extra charge to see a dj then u expect them to do what they do on radio live
so when u went to see them you say were wanting to hear there mash ups in a live enviroment but did you really think they would be just playing mix cds??
i have seen people like jazzy jeff and dilated people do what they do live and im sure they probably get a much better response from a crowd than they will ever do!!!
any 1 can do what they do all i have to do is get some bootlegs mix them at home and call my self the cut up boys and no1 would know the difference , when u hear a dj they have a style that you assosiate with that dj plus most djs have put the work in, in a club before they got on a radio , what stuff have these boys done in clubs?? ... none .. until they milked the radio 1 bookings . lets face it promters book them cos they think they are getting a good live act and what do they get lame ass producers who cant mix anything!!!
i'd have to say... for pleasing a crowd and for the sheer quality and originalty of the set the cut up boys are right up there.
what originalty are you talkin about i see none and where is the quality???? u are talkin **** mate
are you there agent ???

so tell me ...if i think the cut up boys are the best mash up producers by a mile... if i wanna hear cut up boys mash-ups in a club...and they're the only people that have those tunes cos they produce them all themselves ...who am i gonna go and see?... pardon, cant hear you...

all the music they play is TOTALLY UNIQUE TO THEM , NO ONE ELSE PLAYS ANY OF IT - THEY MADE IT THEMSELVES!!! the musics wicked, why confine it to a radio show...Both times i've seen them they've rocked, they've followed the styles of music the crowd wanted (how do you do that with a mix cd??) so why dont you show some respect

your dissin them for not doin the actual mash ups live - AND YOU SAID YOURSELF THAT ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO LIVE!!! lol lol lol

Its pretty obvious from ur posts that ur just completely jealous of them. When I saw them at Hertfordshire uni - at the end of their set paying punters were queing up to shake their hands and tell them they rocked it, theyd had a wicked time...If thats getting ripped off then i'm all for it!!

size13 said:
any 1 can do what they do all i have to do is get some bootlegs mix them at home and call my self the cut up boys and no1 would know the difference

by the way, that is hilarious...prove it, do it!! lol :) ITS SOOO EASY!!! I take it you have a 2 hour sets worth of incredible bootlegs as good as the cut up boys to hand then. yeah right

plus im an actual dj so i would be able to mix that stuff live!!!

keenan said:
Its pretty obvious from ur posts that ur just completely jealous of them. When I saw them at Hertfordshire uni - at the end of their set paying punters were queing up to shake their hands and tell them they rocked it, theyd had a wicked time...If thats getting ripped off then i'm all for it!!
why would i be jealous of them i said what they did on radio was the dogs nuts
plus i am a big fan of matt brooks earlier work as appaloosa on good looking records and all of there other dnb stuff like night train and small adventures
but just cos you are a producer it doesnt mean that you can call yourself a djs plus why are you bigging them up soo much ???
ive seen acts like yoda and flex and they are just pure quality LIVE and so have you, and all the cut up boys gigs are uni gigs not proper clubs its just pissed student's who are not even interested in the music they probably dont even know that they are not doing it live !!!! thats why they are getting hands shook at the end of the night.i hope that the cut up boys get more radio work cos thats where they belong just not in clubs.
im just sick and tired of watered down acts which cash in on unknowing punters!!
djs play records and producers make records
ive seen loads of producers that take up djing to cash in on there name or brand and mostly they are crap (few exceptions - fat boy slim , andy c, masters at work) and ive got tunes from djs that thought they would be good producers and they were ****!!
i suppose im just really after a good show when i go to see a dj and have higher expectations than most normal people, im glad you had a good time when you went to see them but i was just voicing my opinion on them and many other **** acts making money off of the radio 1 name
every one is entitled to there opinion mine just differs from yours the cut up boy will carry on getting work as djs as long as people go and see them or hear them on the radio and with them leaving radio one as dave peirce is leaving i think that they will find it harder to get work as djs and go back to the studio and make records which they are good at and leave the djing to the proffesionals

fair play m8. To be honest I've also seen a lot of producers embarass themselves on the decks for sure and it is sad - at least the cut up boys don't put you thru the pain of TRYIN to do all that mad stuff live!!. Maybe the problem for the cut up boys is that their name and style of music makes them sound like competion for Q-bert and the like when it comes to deck wizardry...which obviously aint the case - they are brilliant in a different way. I do have to say tho' - I was watching them dj at close quarters for at least half an hour and they certainly weren't using any bits longer than 6-7 minutes off 1 cd although sometimes that section did have 3/4 tunes mixed up in it...i can well believe some of their mashes are 15 min long... but not when i saw them. The reason i dont see this as a rip tho' is that they maintain the ability to change what they're playing if the crowd aren't feeling it. maybe if you see them again and you know what you're getting you'll feel less robbed if you know what i mean. maybe not eh? :)) peace

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back