Customizable laptop website(s)?

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Herkalees, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

What was the link for the only (or one of the few) place(s) that allows you to custom-configure a laptop before buying it? I remember reading about it somewhere...

Thanks peoplez.

2. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Dell have some mild end-user configuration available. You can't pick exactly what you want, but you never can with laptops :confused:

4. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Hmm, it wasn't either of those, it was a truly 100% configurable laptop website. I also remember it had a very holy theme to the whole website, and they were fairly popular.

I also remember reading that they were the people who sold major parts to the big vendors...

Well, if I figure it out, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks again

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

NeoTechPC

you can configure your own performance laptop there. i'm fairly certain they're the people who make the parts for alienware. so, they're cheaper and look better (imo). :blink:

6. Henyman

not a bad site:eek:

7. 03bigMark03

03bigMark03 Guest

^ True, nice laptops also.

8. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the amazing thing is this... head to head after you spec'd up your dell and your alienware... you will have change leftover and a faster laptop from alienware.. was checking it out with a friend last night. i thought dell would be cheaper.

9. Henyman

alienware is great

i have my next computer ( a laptop) all planed + priced up ( bout $3,500):cool: