Custom Web Browser App

L

Lighthater

I am looking for a way to create a customized web browser app that can only visit certain websites. (Basically, open to the website and no others). I have seen some that piggyback off of IE, and that is ok for what I need. Can anyone point me in the direction of software like this? I can't use policies in Windows because we need to be able to distribute an EXE installer or standalone EXE and can't be sure of how the system is setup.

Thanks in advance for any help.

In for instance Visual Basic you can make a browser window and then set it to display a certain url. So this way you could build your own browser. I think using an IE module would be easiest since everyone have that.

Yes the Web Control
(this should be moved to applacations! Eeek! Just Kidding! :) Mr Smiley says: Nice one ViperSnake.

The point isn't restriction. The point is to create a web browser gear toward a certain webpage. It wouldn't be meant to visit other websites, thats what IE, Mozilla and Netscape are for. This is something our customers requested and I am trying to fulfill that request. I could give a damn about restricting anyone from visiting whatever websites they want.

Originally posted by Lighthater
The point isn't restriction. The point is to create a web browser gear toward a certain webpage. It wouldn't be meant to visit other websites, thats what IE, Mozilla and Netscape are for. This is something our customers requested and I am trying to fulfill that request. I could give a damn about restricting anyone from visiting whatever websites they want.

just tell customers to point their browsers at the site and visit it like that.

As nice as that would be, thats not how the real world works. Thanks anyway. I will look elsewhere. This thread might as well close.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back