currency conversions

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Maveric169, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

As some of you know I am trying to take a job in Kuwait and as usual I have forgoten a little tidbit of info reguarding currency conversions that I hope you can help me re-understand. The U.S. to Kuwait about $3.30 USD to 1 Dinar. But what is a Dinar worth in relation to $1.00 US?

Hypothitical situation. A walkman that costs say $10 US, would it mean that in Kuwait the same walkman would cost the equivlant of $33.00?

This is the part that has me all screwed up for some reason. I can't seem to determine the buying power difference between the 2 currency's.

2. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

If 1 Dinar is worth 3.30 USD then 1 USD is worth 0.30 Dinar (aprox).
    The second question is not that simple, but it should cost pretty much the same.

3. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Here, makes life easier

http://www.xe.com/ucc/full.shtml

4. yup just like son goku said www.xe.com has it all

5. Maveric169

ok, but what is the buying power of a dinar compared to the dollar? I get the exchange rate. But say an $10 item here in the US, I might only have to spend 1/4 Dinar in Kuwait, or maybe 500 Dinar, etc. Do you see what I am trying to get at?

6. Kush

Kush High On Life!

yeah, in kuwait things are pretty cheap, ill have to check with my friend

7. Maveric169

I would really apreciate it themafia!

The reason I am asking this is that I recieve a daily living allowance of $35 dollars per day in Dinars, which is 10.3134 Dinar. So how much food can I buy with 10.3134 Dinar's? I hope that makes it clearer.