Curious to know (deals with hardware)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ZipTriX, Dec 21, 2001.

1. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

When I right click on the SendTo Menu it labels 2 removable disks. It also lists them in Windows Explorer. Now my question is, since one of them is my zip drive what could the other be?

When I was running Windows 2000, it would list something, in Windows explorer, for the memory card (on my printer). could this be the second removable disk that I am seeing?

Check out the screenshot

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

yup, it's your printers mem card, If you goto the device manager and look under disks you'll probably find it's true label

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Wouldn't happen to know how to remove it from the sento menu, would you?

4. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Documents and Settings> [*User]> SendTo. This is a hidden folder so you have to unhide it.

*look in two places, under "Default User," and under the user name you're logged in under. If you don't find it in those, look under "All Users." I don't know if there's even a "SendTo" folder under all users. I'm the only user on my machine and there isn't.

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Nope.....no luck there.

6. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

You need to unhide the folders. Look under the other User accounts too, Administrator, etc.

7. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I think i steered you wrong on this one. I just looked at my SendTo and my floppy drive is on it and i can't find it in any of the folders. You might try a search in Regedit to see if you can find it.

8. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Any ideas where to start?

9. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Not a clue. I searched my registry and couldn't make heads or tails of what the search brought up concerning sendto and floppy.

10. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

there another send to here:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo

But the floppy and cd drive is not in there...