CSS Coding not displaying properly

MC82

Procrastinator
Hey all,
I need a little help with my website. I’m very new to using CSS to create my website and I ran into a little problem.

If you look at the picture I have attached, you will see that the bottom div where I inserted “|| Seattle University || Albers School Of Business || 900 Broadway, Seattle, WA, 98122-4340 ||” shows up in the middle of the page.

help1.jpg

This only happens when I first click on the link to the page and when the page is longer the the height of the screen. Once I refresh the page it shows up perfectly fine (as seen in the picture below)

help2.jpg

to create this page, I created a main wrapper div to enclose everything including the bottom div. Then within that div, I created one div for the main content area and the bottom div.

this is the css coding I used for the bottom div

Code:
#bottom {
	position: relative;
	top: 20px;
	clear: both;
    text-align : center;
}

I am using windows explorer at the moment to view the page.

You can visit the page at http://66.235.184.119/~pzrydupf/index.php. It happens on the main index page and the marketing committee page so far.

thanks for any help

It is rendering fine here with Firefox, and Opera, are you checking with IE?

IE has horrible CSS2 support.

Tried it in IE and firefox and both seemed OK

It worked in IE? well I am currently using IE and it shows up as it is seen in the images I have posted. It is most important that it works in IE because most of my traffic will be from students who use school computers which use IE (did that make sense?). Can anyone else confirm that it works?

also you might have to click on the Marketing link now since i shortened the entry for hte index page. Click it once and scroll down to check.

tried using bottom:20px;
instead of top:20px

but really MSIE is crap with rendering websites

a friend of mine has done a site which has a CSS coloured block with some text in that block, MSIE wont display the text in that block until you have used the mouse to highlight the text

Speedy, are you looking at it with a mac? the bottom corners are not present, but thats not to important. are the menus up top?

yah that happened to me to with this thing at one point. It would not go to hte bottom of the page until i highlighted it.

You really should use floats when you do webpages with CSS. You can find more info about floats with Google.

And I also think that's a render bug. One reason why position-setting is bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back