CS - Vertical Sync

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Dryb, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Dryb

Dryb Guest

Ok, my max-FPS are stuck at 60, and I was told to disable Vertical Sync; however, when I right click properties, settings, advaced, go to my Video Card Tab [GeForce3 Ti200], click Advanced Properties, there is no OpenGL tab to click... the only thing Advanced Properties has is anti-aliasing and overlay controls. I am running win XP; any ideas on how to disable vertical sync?
  2. Eolis

Eolis Guest

What drivers are you using? I think the nVidia drivers should have the OGL tab setup a bit differently than the mfgr's drivers.

Just a thought.......:D
  3. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Most games you can enable/disable it in the game options.

It may be in there.
  4. DeepBlade

DeepBlade Guest

not sure about nVidia, but i can reach 70 something fps with vsync ON on a voodoo 3 3000 PCI. I need it on cause i see too much vertical 'unsync' ed ness
  5. ZeroChaos

ZeroChaos Guest

Install new drivers from Nvidia.com
    The latest official ones are the Detonator XP 28.32 Drivers. But if you're daring, try beta drivers at Guru3D.com.

Then -

1. Go to Control Panel, Display
    2. In Display Properties, select the Settings Tab, then Advanced
    3. Select the tab named GeForce 3 Ti200 or something similar
    4. Select Additional Properties, OpenGL Settings and select Vertical sync as 'Always Off.'

Then, go into a CS game, open the console with the tilde key and type 'fps_max 100' without the quotes.
  6. Dryb

Dryb Guest

I installed those drivers; I still do not have anything other than "overlay controls" and "3d antialiasing settings" as tabs in Advanced Properties under my video card tab.
  7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    that's odd. try going to add/remove programs and removing any instances of video drivers. then go to device manager and remove your video adapter. let windows reboot then install nvidia 28.32 driver. reboot once again when it asks and then check for an opengl tab.
  8. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

if i turn off vsync i hit 99 constant in cs..........

if i dl the refresh rate fix would that make it be able to hit 99 with vsync on?
  9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    it will only go as high as the refresh rate of your montior at whatever resolution you play at. for instance, when i play at 1280x960, my monitor is at 85Hz (thanks to refresh rate fix) and if i turn vsync on, i will get 85fps.