AMD64 x2 FX-60
2*1Gb OCZ PC3200
EVGA 8800GTX
X-Fi Fatal1ty
Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
CDRW LG 8400B / DVDRW Liteon 1633S FW:1653S
MX1000 / Logitech G15
Dell 207WFP

I find it amusing that Microsoft posted (fractionally) newer drivers on Windows Update than what is available on Creative's own site especially after all the talk on the forums with people having issues.

hi guys, ive been using vista ultimate for a few weeks now an was really feed up at the lack of audio software for my x-fi extreme sound card, the basic sound controlls in vista are a bit plane. After some searching around the net i came across this software package.
http://www.youp-pax.org/viewthread.php?tid=362&extra=page=1
I have installed this package with the current creative beta drivers and every thing works fine. Its nice to have the graphical interface back.
The screen shots arent in english but rest assured the installation gives you the option to choose a english setup.
The download is a tad slow, it took me just over 2hrs to download the zip but it was well worth it.
Also winzip stated the zip was corrupt but winrar unzipped it without any problems.

Last edited:
Your link does not work wasted_d.

Your link does not work wasted_d.

hmm, sorry about that, damn copy n paste didnt work right, hehe, should be working now :)

heres a screenie of it on my system.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Hmm, it looks interesting. I'm a little confused though, is this only for Vista? I see X-Fi 2 is mentioned in the software descriptions... is this something new?

Hmm, it looks interesting. I'm a little confused though, is this only for Vista? I see X-Fi 2 is mentioned in the software descriptions... is this something new?

As far as i know this will work on Windows XP/Vista, as for the x-fi2 bit im not sure, reading the post it seems to imply a new card "x-fi2" an this is a modded version of its software but ive not heard anything about it from any where else. Main thing for me was having working software in vista something creative as yet still havent produced.

I will download it and check it out, maybe there is some new stuff in there. Exploring their site they seem to have some stuff about soft modding the X-Fi and other Audigy cards which would be really cool, so I will check that stuff out as well.

I've got a "X-Fi Xtreme Audio" card, right now and while playing mp3s the music only comes through 2/4 speakers (4 + Subwoofer). I'm using the drivers from MS Update for now. Anyone know if these drivers mentioned previously will fix this?
(Never had any problems in XP with the Creative files provided.
In the Vista setup for the audio, when I run the test for the speakers it actually gives me sound through all 4... odd.

Hmm, tried one set of drivers mentioned in this thread and they wouldn't install since my version isn't supported then I tried the drivers provided from Creative for Vista 32bit and I still get the same results. Playback is from 2/4 speakers but when I do the test sound in the Sound setup, the test playsback through 4/4 speakers. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back