Creative Webcam Go Plus Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Alex_is_Axel, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Alex_is_Axel

Alex_is_Axel .:: FTPAlex ::.

Hello everyone

I have a Creative Labs Webcam Go Plus and i decided to plug it into my Windows XP computer. But my windows XP didnt detect the Webcam. It keeps on saying "unknown device". At first i thought it was the drivers from the CD so i updated them but that didnt work either. I updated most of the software given from the CD to see if that was stopping it from being detected but no such luck :(. I know the cam works because i have had it running on a Windows 2000 computer.. but whats wrong with this one? :confused: Has anyone had the same problem? I know also the USB port works because the webcam is getting power.

Thank you for your time

Sincerly Alex :(

2. Lighter

Lighter . . . . . . . . .

Nay mate, and I had the same problem. Worked fine on a win2k box but not on an XP box.

Haven't toyed with it in a few months. I'll dig it up and see if I can get it werk'n and post a solution.

3. Alex_is_Axel

thanx dude.. mostly appeciated :)

4. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

5. Alex_is_Axel

they didnt work :(

6. Alex_is_Axel

Any Luck Anyone??? :confused:

7. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I have Creative WebCam Pro - so no much difference for installing or ... What I've remmeber was that they recommended to install all the software before plug-ing in the device .. try this too - here worked :)

8. Alex_is_Axel

i tried that too.. :p .. didnt work for me either.. Maybe im just not having any luck with it.. anyone else having the same problem as me then?:confused: