creative media source and itunes help

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by johnfears, Aug 12, 2005.

1. johnfears

johnfears OSNN One Post Wonder

i have an ipod and creative nomad jukebox zen. i have all of my music in itunes and i am trying to load up the music onto the zen. my problem is that creative media source isn't reading the track information on the itunes library. is there a way to solve this problem.

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Well the Zen only supports MP3 and WMA formats. Are your tracks in iTunes those formats, or are they AAC?

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Creatvie doesnt support m4p or m4a so if your music is not in mp3 or wma you wont get it onto your Zen.

Also I dont think mediasource will import itunes details either. Itunes is for ipods and only ipods as far as apple is concerned.

4. johnfears

the tracks are listed as mp3 and windows media recognizes all of the track details, but creative media source won't recognize anything but the song's name.

5. johnfears

is there any software out there that will help the two programs talk?

6. muzikool

Here's your answer:

7. johnfears

thanks for the advice!!!! it worked like a charm.

john

8. muzikool

Glad to help! :up:

9. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i hate 1.1 i always disable them and use 2.0 supports longer info

10. wincomp

wincomp OSNN One Post Wonder

I just joined this group. I've just started using iTunes, but I like Creative Media's playback options. I've read all the postings and searched the web, but still can't get things right. I've converted all songs in iTunes to ID3 v 1.1, but when I check it again the ID3 tags don't show up. The songs don't show up in Creative either when I use the import function. Some iTunes songs show up as m4a or m4p format. Question: do I need to convert all songs to MP3 format first? The only option I am given in iTunes is to convert them to AAC format. Can I convert the songs in iTunes to MP3 format without having to purchase additional software? Just looking for help. Thanks.