Creative Inspire 6700 Speakers

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by indyjones, Sep 2, 2003.

1. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Hi
    I am thinking of buying these speakers I know they are not as good as some high priced 5.1 solutions but they are low cost £64

Can somebody please give me some feedback on them i have noticed that a few of you have them.

(and yes they are to be used with my audigy2)

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

The thing I don't like about that model is the wired remote.
    It's always best to have a wireless remote so that you can control the volume from anywhere inside the same room.

3. indyjones

Thats not a problem when you have a wireless keyboard with volume control and a audigy2 platinum with infrared remote control :)

The reviews i have read state that it is good for the money (lacking mid range compaired to higher priced systems) but i was after owners opions :)

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

from all that i've read and experienced, the whole creative line seems to be decent. i haven't heard that exact set, though. don't see why it would be different.

5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

I see very little difference between the 6700 and the 5500 models. I was planning to go for the 6700 and sacrifice the wireless part at first..... but then my friend spotted the 5500 with wireless remote... so I went for that one instead.

6. indyjones

The BIG differences between these two systemsis the centre speaks both the front (bigger higher quality) and the addition of a rear so its a 6.1 system rather than 5.1

7. indyjones

Well I have been sold to them hockline and sinker! :) Especially as I found a set for only £60 a bargain :)