Creating/Installing from USB device

ming

OSNN Advanced
Hi all,

Whenever a new OS is released in beta/RTM, I've always had to burn an image file onto a DVD before installing the software on to a test machine. I don't have much of a problem continuing this way except that the two PCs that I usually download the beta software with either only has a cd writer or it doesn't have a media drive at all.

Want I'd like to do is to put the image file on to a USB device and have the new OS to install off of the USB device, but I have no idea how to put the installation files on to an External HDD/USB flash drive and have them bootable.

It'd also help if I can put the recovery DVD for my Asus eee box on to a USB device as this is the machine I don't have a media drive.

Can anyone help me on this please?

Thanks tdinc for the links.

Would I be able to put multiple OSes on to one USB HDD and be able to select them when I boot from USB?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back