CPU Temperature

Gee and I was worried when I was running at the following:

P4 1.6a Cpu and Intel MB

Ambient temp inside room of 75F

CPU at idle 84F

CPU at load with games like UT for 2 hours = 98F

Never got above 100F

Hummmmmmmm

Case Closed, does your case have any vents????

What Fan how many RPMS and where is your computer loacted?

Re: Hummmmmmmm

Originally posted by w0lv3rin3
Case Closed, does your case have any vents????

What Fan how many RPMS and where is your computer loacted?

i have one cpu fan
one fan in the fronnt of the case sucking air in (bottom front) and one on the top of the case pushing air out
they case fans r both 80x80x25
the case fans r both 2900 rpm (thermaltake)

the cpu fan i think is at 4500 rpm...somewhere around there...

case is closed...

well

try getting a faster fan or move your computer to a colder location!

Re: well

Originally posted by w0lv3rin3
try getting a faster fan or move your computer to a colder location!

its kinda closed...kinda
the front n back is open
buh on the sides n bottem is the desk...
bou .5 inch on each side
n bout 1.5 inces at the top
MOVE IT OUTTA THERE???...
that wat causin it to stay hot even wid the case fans?..

Well

When i had my computer in a similar position mine was getting hoot, but i moved it and now its cooler then before, try moving it to a colder and more open space like your basement!

45c for a P4 1.4, that sounds rather hot to me.

I run a P4 2.0 and never get over 40c under load and if the A/c isn't running, I get 32.5c in idle but with the A/c on its gets down to 29.5c.

I also use Artic Silver 3 and a Zalman CNPS6500B-AlCu heatsink with a 92mm fan in a Lian Li PC65 case but even with the standard Intel heatsink/fan combo with Artic Silver 2, I didn't get temps much higher than I do now.

I live in the Philippines, and at the moment it is summer time with temps outside around 37c + and about a 100%+ humidity, so I guess a 32.5c reading isn't bad at all.

I dont think the company i got it from put thermal greese on the cpu/heatsink
i checked my cousins he has bought a p3 1gig n his didn't have any thermal greese..well it didn't look like there was anything on the heatsink or the cpu...it was all clean...so im starting to think there is no thermal greese on mine 2 cuz we bought it from the same company MDG Computers
im gonna try and take the heatsink off and c if there is any..and if not or if there is any im gonna get some artic silver 3 or something

Mistake ..

There's a big mistake here , those that said that with case open your cpu will not suffer as much from hot temperature ( sure , if i your room temperature is under 0 you're right but ) . Cases are builted to stay closed ( this was that main advantage ) , people opens it for fast switching the hardware and so on ..

I've experienced much big temperature ( from 46-49 ) with my case opened , but in my case doesn't matter if it's closed or not .. see this :

that is

that is in a tight place bro, put it in a cooler and more open place ight

yep..
dats how my computer was placed same way Cosmin was placed (see his pic)
buh now i got it on the desk
got enouf room there...so i got it up there for a while

my mobo...(in the sys spec down belo)...has there been any reports of the temperature sensors to be flawed or anything for it?..

because it is now 39*C idle
but it still goes up to 75*C load(i jus turned on Diablo II LOD 100% CPU usage)
i dont think it is reading the temp properly...
or is it?...

My AMD XP 2000+ (OCed to 1833MHz) used to heat up really fast. With the Volcano 7+ crancked up to max fan speed, the most I have seen now is 101F

hummm

what stuff do u do to make it go up that high like renedering or what>?

hahahha
render
no
i started up Diablo II LOD (game) 95%-100% processor usage..
but i dont think the temp should jump up that high
i mean wen i open up the temp program (mobo sensors) it uses up to 95% processor...and the temp rite wen it loads is like 49*C n than starts dropping back down to 40(wen idle)

gotta add my 2 cents worth,artic silver really helps transfer the heat away from your cpu much better than any thermal pad out
there, it's good stuff!

HEYYYYY
i took off my heatsink
cause i saw a strip of paper under it
i take it off
and i see the paper over the thermal grese
the thermal greese was pink..
so i take the paper off
now my temps have gone down by 10 DEGREES CELCIUS
it now idles at about 30-31
and MAX load is at like 45-47
these dumb o'l custom made computers
from now on im buildin my own
cant trust them :mad:
thanks for the help anyways
i mite try some of that artic silver 2...or 3...tho...hehe :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back