CPU temperature

T

Tbird94sc

i have an athlon xp 1700+. it is running currently @ 127 farenhieght when it just sits there doing nothing. thats the coolest it ever is. it goe as as high as 149 farenheight. is this hot? i think it is but cant be sure. i got the cpu, the motherboard (asus a7v266), the heatsink(Coolermaster) and 256mb pc2100 DDR Ram (kingston) all from amd in a bundle for employees of retail stores. i work @ compusa so i was eligible for the deal. i dont understand y it is soo hot. ive seen other people with 1800+ that r running around 105 farenheight. do i have to replace my heatsink and fan?

please help

did u put some conductive paste between the cpu and heatsink, arctic silver is the best for that, make sure its on straight, and if thats aint it you might want a better heatsink and fan.

came assembled by amd. its got paste on it. its never been removed. i recently put it in an aluminum case and added 4 case fans
created a cpu tunnel over the cpu and heatsink which lowered the temp from 165 @ high load to 148 @ high load

look at the review u can throttle the power to the fan and lower the sound by throttling it. even at the lowest setting it only changed for him 2 degrees higher

Originally posted by catch23
Damn that's loud...my Volcano7 is very quiet, keeps my Athlon XP 1600+ at around 40°C
I also have a Volcano 7. BIG difference in sound level. I love it.

like i said u can throttle the power and lower the sound that way. i got 5 computers running in my room alone 24-7. cant make much more noise than that anyway. besides the fact that noone can beat the swiftech for overclocking performance and stability

Originally posted by Tbird94sc
look at the review u can throttle the power to the fan and lower the sound by throttling it. even at the lowest setting it only changed for him 2 degrees higher [/QUOTE

if i WAS gonig t othrottle it it would only change by about 2 degrees farenheight. i never said i was gonig to throttle it. like i said in my last post i got 5 computers running 24-7 in my tiny room here. one more isnt going to make a difference, and a garuntee thant my klipsch 5.1 surround sound can take care of anything else

look at the review u can throttle the power to the fan and lower the sound by throttling it. even at the lowest setting it only changed for him 2 degrees higher [/QUOTE

if i WAS gonig t othrottle it it would only change by about 2 degrees farenheight. i never said i was gonig to throttle it. like i said in my last post i got 5 computers running 24-7 in my tiny room here. one more isnt going to make a difference, and a garuntee thant my klipsch 5.1 surround sound can take care of anything else
You've got 5 boxes running in a small room! That's your temp problem. Vent the room more, setup a couple of circulation fans (quiet ones) in the room. One to suck air in, one to vent out the hot air. Small room = alota heat, dosen't matter how many fans you put in each rig you will be still circulating hot air from the room unless you vent the room well. Plus it's probably uncomfortable after a half hour or more being in the room.

i may be overexxagerating when i saw small. trust me when i tell you its not due to the ambient room temp. it is in the basement of my house. its aways cold down there, regardless of outside temp cause its underground. no moisture or anything like that, the thing just runs hot

Another thing you could do is to run plastic ducting. If you have a front intake fan install a section of ducting from the rear of the fan and place the other end near the base of the heatsink or CPU. Flatten the CPU side of the ducting into a semi-flat oval. Make a bracket or something to hold the ducting, use your imagination. Instant ram air. You sound like a car buff, think about it. Ram air is cold air. If you make the ducting seal well on the rear of the intake fan you will get good air flow over the CPU.

raim air has been done. my aluminum case came ith its own ducting system for that

fan

do SWIFTECH make that fan for a p4 1.7gh, 423 socket chip. that's what i have. and my temp seems to stay at cpu temp 49*C and my motherboard is at 46*C. i think this has a lot to due with the 1.0gig of RAMBUS RAM. thanks.. p.s

is this a high temp to be running at?

they do. i saw it somewhere but i gotta look for it again. ill post here if i can find it

OK, here's a dumb question but how can you find out what temperature your cpu is running at?

Everytime I stick a thermometer in the fan it starts making all kinds of racket and breaks the thermometer.. kiddin..

seriously tho. Is there software that tells you this?

Originally posted by bmxjt
OK, here's a dumb question but how can you find out what temperature your cpu is running at?

The same famous SpeedFan , that's also a post at cpu temp where is a link for download !

Same probleme here...

im running at 65 "c

I got a asus a7v266-e

I put another case fan... did'nt do shit

What's funny is that it the heatsink and fan from amd..

AMD's stock fan is "adequate" lol its loud and doesnt do the best at cooling...i keep visiting the volcano 7 at my local tech store, "Fry's Electronics" Great selection, just never..ever...talk to a sales rep there, and when i get the money thats my next purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back